Regent’s Punch Green Tea Cocktail
Posted on January 12 2021
We love all tea cocktails. But this one was created specifically for those moments when you want to treat yourself like royalty. While there is some disparity on the exact ingredients that were originally used to create this recipe, it is widely believed that this simple punch recipe was a favorite of Regent Prince George August Frederic (later to be known as King George VI, late husband of the current Queen Mother). Regent Prince George was known to enjoy a lavish lifestyle in his early years, so if you want to live like an indulgent royal for a moment, give this green tea cocktail a try.
Makes 2, 6 oz drinks
- 1.5 oz Stash Ginger Peach Green Tea with Matcha (1 tea bag)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1.5 oz Stash Meyer Lemon Herbal Tea (2 tea bags)
- 1.5 oz brandy
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1.5 oz pineapple syrup from canned pineapple rounds
- 1.5 oz orange juice
- 3 oz champagne
- Orange peel for garnish
- Brew 1 tea bag Stash Ginger Peach Green Tea with Matcha in 4 oz boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove and discard tea bag. Then add sugar and stir.
- Brew 2 tea bags Stash Meyer Lemon Herbal Tea in 4 oz boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags.
- Allow both teas to cool before pouring all ingredients in the amounts listed above into a shaker, except for champagne and garnish. Add ice, and shake vigorously.
- Pour into glasses and top with a float of champagne.
- Garnish with orange peel or pineapple.