Cinnamon Vanilla Hot Chocolate
Posted on September 13 2022
Did you know that most regular store-bought hot cocoa mixes are full of sugar and calories, sometimes even as much as 28 grams in a single serving? Here’s our healthier and equally delicious spin on a holiday classic that you can indulge in every day, guilt-free. Using our Cinnamon Vanilla Herbal Tea to create a delicious tea-infused extract and a few everyday spices you’ll find in your pantry, this is one cozy drink you’ll love to warm up with in the cooler months.
- 4 tea bags Stash Cinnamon Vanilla Herbal Tea
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1½ cups milk choice
- I tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 pinch ground cardamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon backstrap molasses
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a saucepan on the stove. Once near boiling, remove from heat and add 4 tea bags of Stash Cinnamon Vanilla Herbal Tea. Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and bring the saucepan to low boil.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of sugar, constantly stirring to ensure that sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from stove and let tea extract cool.
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder, spices and salt.
- Heat half of the milk in a second saucepan and bring it to medium heat. Heat until it’s very warm but never boiling.
- Stir in tea extract, and the cocoa powder and spice mix. Whisk until all lumps are removed.
- Add in the rest of the milk and whisk together until everything is combined.
- Serve in 2 mugs. Enjoy!