Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea Margarita
Posted on February 15 2022
Make happy hour even happier when you make this tea-infused margarita recipe. Tea-infused simple syrups are a great way to level up any DIY cocktail. This scratch margarita recipe is not only easy to make, it also packs a flavorful punch with the pomegranate raspberry simple syrup. First, follow the instructions below to make your simple syrup. Once you have that on hand it only takes a few minutes to put together your margarita. Want a virgin margarita? Just leave out the tequila and triple sec or use non-alcoholic options.
You can get even more creative with your simple syrup creations. We’ve provided some suggestions of other teas you could use at the end of this recipe.
How to make Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea Margarita
The first thing you will need to do is make the tea-infused simple syrup. Follow the instructions below for our foolproof method.
Tea-Infused Simple Syrup
Makes 1 cup simple syrup
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 4 tea bags Stash Pomegranate Raspberry Green tea
- 1 cup sugar
- Bring water to a low boil on the stove. Add your 5 tea bags, and steep for 4 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and discard.
- Slowly add sugar, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Once all the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and let cool.
If you keep your syrup refrigerated, it will stay good for about 2 weeks! This basic tea-infused simple syrup recipe would work with almost any flavored Stash tea. Give it a try with your favorite flavor, or try some of our suggestions below.
Tea-Infused Scratch Margarita Recipe
- 1 oz tea-infused simple syrup
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1.5 oz of triple sec
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 1.5 cup ice
- First, if you prefer salt, dip the rim of your glass in lime juice and then in salt.
- Fill the bottom of your serving glass with 1/2 cup ice.
- Add tea-infused simple syrup, swirl.
- In a shaker add remaining 1 cup ice, tequila, triple sec and lime juice. If you prefer your drink virgin, simply skip the tequila and triple sec or use non-alcoholic options.
- Shake for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into your serving glass.
- Top with a lime and raspberries.