Christmas in Paris Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
Posted on December 15 2020
Whoever added chocolate to cheesecake deserves a blue ribbon. Now take that already award-winning combo and add in our decadent Christmas in Paris dessert tea. This dessert recipe will rock your Christmas socks off.
Stash Christmas in Paris provides a hint of lavender and peppermint to the chocolate swirl that makes for a highly sophisticated version of this already decadent dessert. It will definitely give you some well-deserved “Mmms” and “yumms” if you serve it up for Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve dessert.
For Cheesecake Crust
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 8-oz packages cream cheese at room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
For Chocolate Swirl Topper
- 5 Stash Christmas in Paris tea bags steeped in 6 oz hot water for 10 minutes
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco
First, make the cheesecake crust:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray 8” round glass pie dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir to combine all Cheesecake Crust ingredients listed above. Press the resulting mixture into the bottom of the pie dish and up along the sides to form the crust.
- Pre-bake crust in the pie dish for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
Second, make the cheesecake filling:
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the condensed milk and vanilla.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, as the mixer continues to beat the filling.
- Beat the combined ingredients until creamy, and small peaks form, being careful not to overbeat.
- Pour half of the filling into the pie dish on top of the crust.
Next, for the Stash Christmas in Paris chocolate topping:
- Combine 4 tablespoons of Christmas in Paris tea with the ingredients for the chocolate swirl topper in a tall, microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high in 10-second intervals. Stir after every interval. Be careful as the bowl might get very hot. Once the mixture is a smooth texture, remove from microwave.
Make the Christmas in Paris chocolate swirls
- Pour the chocolate topping in ½ inch thick vertical lines along the top of the cheesecake filling, about 1 inch apart.
- Starting at the bottom, stick a toothpick 1/2 inch deep into the left side of the topping and drag it across to the right. Move the toothpick up 1 inch and repeat the motion, this time dragging from the right to the left. Continue until the whole cheesecake has been swirled.
- Gently pour the remaining cheesecake filling into the dish and repeat the chocolate swirl steps.