Chai Spiced Rum Cocktail
Posted on September 10 2020
Creamy, indulgent, and delicious! This easy tea cocktail recipe delivers boldly sweet and spicy flavors, sure to warm you up from the inside out.
Makes one 10 oz drink
- 2 tea bags Stash Chai Spice
- 5 oz boiling water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 oz whole milk or milk substitute
- ¾ oz spiced rum
- 1¼ oz hazelnut liqueur (such as Frangelico)
- Optional garnish: ground cinnamon and/or whole cinnamon stick
- Steep 2 Stash Chai Spice tea bags in 5 oz boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Remove the tea bags and sweeten with honey.
- In a separate cup, froth the milk. Pour the frothed milk into the brewed tea, being careful to save the foam for finishing your cocktail.
- In your serving glass, add the spiced rum and hazelnut liqueur. Pour in the milky chai mixture and stir slightly. Top with foam and garnish with ground cinnamon and a cinnamon stick, if desired.
Don’t have an ingredient on hand? We can recommend a few alternatives!
For More Spice
For Less Caffeine or Caffeine-Free
Plant-based milks work great in this recipe, but not all of them will froth up nicely.
Alternatives to Honey
Go with what you like! Honey brings a well-rounded sweetness, but you could also use agave nectar or brown sugar.