Gifts for Tea Lovers - Father’s Day Edition
Posted on May 29 2020
Does this sound familiar?
Me: Dad, I’m thirsty.
Dad: Hi Thirsty, I’m Bruce.
Where would we be without dads and their notoriously uncomplicated dad jokes? But this year, maybe things will be different. This year, maybe your dad is the one who is thirsty. Thirsty for tea that is. So if you're dad is a tea lover, or even if he isn't, we compiled some lists that can get you into the Father's Day spirit including things to do, gifts to give, and even some dad jokes to share.
Things to do for Father's Day 2020
Whether you’re far away or able to join your pop in person, you can enjoy these Father's Day activities together. These fun things to do with dad are great options if you’re trying to figure out what to do for a first Father’s Day or if it’s your 31st. The options are quite numerous.
Father’s Day Recipes
Cooking for the dad you’re celebrating is one popular way to show you care. These Earl Grey Waffles are the perfect thing to start off a fun morning together. If you’re celebrating later in the day, try recreating the Sea Captain's Punch, a simple black tea-infused cocktail. Want to get real fancy with it? Cook this Tea-Infused Orange Duck Bites with Brie recipe together.
Father’s Day Games
Skip the small talk and spend some time getting competitive with each other. Video games, card games, or board games are great “separate but together” activities. Apps like HouseParty allow you to play together if you’re far apart. Words with Friends or an old-fashioned game like Scrabble can even improve your vocabulary while competing.
Tea Tasting for Father’s Day
Choose 5 flavors of tea (we have a few suggestions below to get the ideas rolling) to try out with your dad. Want to up the an-TEA? Make it a blind taste test! Who can guess the most ingredients accurately? Then, if you’re feeling adventurous, try to Mix & Match Stash! Combine two flavors to create your very own custom tea flavor. Brilliant.
Have a BBQ
Fire up the grill together, or both of you can fire up the grill on a video chat. Show off what dishes you’re making for sides, and how perfectly medium-rare you can cook your steak.
Unique Father's Day Gift Ideas
If your dad is a tea lover, we definitely have you covered. Read on to discover our favorite gifts for dad.
- This classic teapot is smart without being over-the-top stylish. It boasts a dripless spout, glazed stoneware, and a traditional silhouette. (Rockingham Farmhouse Teapot with Infuser, $30)
- Does your dad enjoy the finer things in life? The smell of rich mahogany? Leather-bound books? If so, your dad just might be Ron Burgundy. If he is or isn’t, either way, he won't be able to resist the appeal of a flavorful loose leaf black tea smoked over wood fires. Over the years, this loose leaf tea has become a go-to for those who are fans of single-malt scotch whiskey. (Lapsang Souchong Loose Leaf Tea, $8)
- Our staff favorite Root Beer loose leaf iced tea is back! Just in time for the warm summer months to come. The blend of sarsaparilla, naturally sweet monk fruit, wintergreen oil, natural root beer flavor, and vanilla extract create an undeniably delicious and nostalgic iced tea. Hurry, though. This is one of our seasonal teas, so once it sells out we won’t have more until next spring! (Root Beer Iced Loose Leaf Tea, $10)
- You’ve heard the saying “the gift that keeps on giving”? This is one of those. The canister will keep your dad's loose tea fresh and avoid stale disappointments. And nothing's worse than a disappointed dad, amirite? Plus, it’s the perfect complement to that Lapsang Souchong or our Root Beer Iced Tea. (Matte Black Canister, $4)
- Talk about the perfect Father's Day coffee mug, or if you prefer, the perfect tea mug! With all the caffeine in his mug, who knows what your dad will accomplish. Pair this cool borosilicate glass cup with our Super Irish Breakfast black tea. It’s known as “the espresso” of teas, so your caffeine-loving dad will definitely enjoy this bold flavored black tea. (Chemistry Lab Beaker Mug, $13)
- Is your dad’s tool collection his prized possession? If so, this may be the one tool that he doesn’t already have in his arsenal: the perfect teapot. Since it comes with its own infuser, it’s easy to use with loose leaf or tea bags. (Stump Teapot with Infuser in Black, $30)
- Stock up on Dad’s go-to herbal tea that still has quite a kick! He’ll think of you every time he gets to brew up a cup of this tangy lemon tea with a zing of ginger. (Lemon Ginger - 6 boxes of 20 ct, $22.50)
Tea-rrific Dad Jokes
And lastly, one thing all dads can appreciate that costs nothing at all: dad jokes. Bring one of these up on Father’s Day for a sure-fire way to bring a smile to Dad’s face. Put these dad jokes to use:
When he opens up one of his tea gifts:
- I hope this lasts you oolong time.
- Thanks for being a tea-riffic dad!
- I love you so matcha.
If he’s mad that you have better tea-related dad jokes than he does:
- Don’t be sal-tea.
- Would you like me to leaf you alone, Dad?
- What kind of drink can be bitter and sweet? Reali-tea.