Sea Captain's Punch
Posted on March 15 2016
Bold flavors such as black tea, brandy, and dark rum make one amazing cocktail combination! Read how to make this dangerously delicious Sea Captains Punch.
Makes 16, 5 oz servings
- 1 quart strong black tea (either 4 tea bags of Stash Super Irish Breakfast or English Breakfast, or 4 teaspoons of loose English Breakfast, Super Irish Breakfast or Organic Breakfast Blend)
- 10 lemons
- 1 fifth (26.5 oz) dark rum
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup peach brandy
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- Combine 1 quart cold water and black tea in a large container. Let brew in refrigerator about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, remove rind from the lemons. Cut the rind into thin strips.
- Add the rind and juice of the lemons to the brewed tea. Cover and store overnight at room temperature.
- Just before serving, pour tea mixture, rum, pineapple juice and both brandies over a block of ice in a punch bowl.