Lemon Earl Grey Affogato
Posted on July 12 2021
It's a dessert, it's caffeinated, it's a zesty pick-me-up to combat a midday lull! Try our vibrant tea twist on the classic Italian affogato. Maybe you’re wondering, “What is affogato?” A traditional affogato consists of espresso poured over a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. Adding our Double Bergamot Earl Grey tea to lemon ice cream makes a snappy concoction that just screams summertime *Italian finger kiss*.
How do you make an affogato? The Stash Tea version of an affogato recipe is insanely easy to make: all you need is lemon ice cream, our strong Double Bergamot Earl Grey Tea, and a lemon to zest. Simply scoop the ice cream into a glass and pour in a strong cup of tea. Lastly, top with lemon zest for an extra refreshing punch! You can also use 1-2 tea bags of Double Bergamot instead of loose leaf tea.
Serves 1 person
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp Double Bergamot Earl Grey Loose Leaf Tea
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup of lemon ice cream
- 1 lemon
- Bring the water to a boil andand brew 1/2 cup of Stash Double Bergamot Earl Grey Tea using 1-2 tsp loose leaf tea and allow to steep for 3 minutes.
- Drop a scoop of ice cream into a glass.
- Pour the steeped tea over the ice cream.
- Top with lemon zest and serve!