Earl Grey Lavender Bourbon Punch
Posted on May 04 2020
This ‘party sized’ tea recipe blends together the citrus bergamot flavor of Earl Grey black tea with sweet, slightly floral lavender notes with mellow bourbon. What can you expect from this cocktail? It takes elegant and adventurous flavors, and pours ‘em in a pitcher to serve up some fun for your taste buds.
“If it’s ok to drink bottomless mimosas for breakfast, can we please welcome – with arms wide open – this Earl Grey bourbon punch for lunch? Or brunch. Happy hour, perhaps? Really, any time would just be fab, thanks. Enjoy this tea without spilling it 😉”, Lauren.
This recipe is brought to you by Lauren of Hunger Thirst Play!
How to make Earl Grey Lavender Bourbon Punch
Makes 10–12 drinks
- 8 bags Stash Earl Grey Black Tea
- 2 quarts water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 sprigs fresh lavender
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups bourbon
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Once boiling, turn off heat and steep 8 bags of Stash Earl Grey for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and transfer to the refrigerator to chill.
- While the tea is steeping, prepare the lavender simple syrup. In a small saucepan combine the sugar, water, and lavender. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- In a large pitcher combine the chilled tea, cooled lavender syrup, fresh lemon juice, sliced lemon and bourbon. Stir to combine.
- Pour over a combination of crushed and cubed ice, garnish with lemon and lavender sprigs and serve.
FYI, we heard that this is even better the second day! Happy sipping.
Earl Grey Black Tea
Earl Grey is black tea scented with bergamot, an oil extracted from a lime-shaped Mediterranean citrus about the size of an orange. Earl Grey brews up a beautiful amber cup with a distinctive flavor and lightly fragrant aroma.
LOOSE LEAF | SHOP NOW
TEA BAG | SHOP NOW