Turmeric Golden Milk Tea Latte
Posted on January 18 2021
Turmeric benefits aside, golden milk has been having a real golden moment lately, and for good reason. While drinks like this are inspired by ayurvedic practices, our turmeric tea latte recipe is also a creamy, dreamy treat that you’ll be tempted to make again and again. You’ll taste an earthy, slightly peppery turmeric flavor as well as traditional warming chai spices, with a noticeable nod to breakfast waffles, thanks to the maple syrup used for sweetening.
Makes one 16 oz drink (or two 8 oz drinks, if you feel like sharing)
For Tea Mixture
- 1 Stash Golden Turmeric Chai tea bag (or 1-2 tsp Stash Golden Turmeric Chai loose leaf)
- 1 Stash Chamomile tea bag (or 2 tsp Organic Chamomile loose leaf)
- 8 oz boiled water
For Golden Latte
- 1 cup coconut milk (or milk substitute of choice)
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of pepper
- To make the tea mixture, simply steep both tea bags in 1 cup of boiled water for 5 minutes. Then remove tea bags, squeezing out the excess tea from the bags before discarding them.
- For the Golden Latte, use a small pot on a burner set to medium. Add the brewed tea and coconut milk first. Immediately mix in the remaining ingredients in the order that they’re listed. Without letting it boil, bring the mixture to a high simmer for about 8 minutes, stirring constantly so the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat and froth if you prefer. You can also pour the drink through a fine-mesh strainer to remove the spices settled at the bottom of the cup, but it’s not necessary. Lastly, pour your golden milk tea into a tall mug, spooning the optional froth on top.