Stuffed Mini Potatoes with Lemon Ginger Tea
Posted on January 01 2021
Impress the guests at your next get-together with a simple recipe that looks impressive but takes little prep time! And bonus: your vegan friends will be able to enjoy this appetizer too. We fill mini potatoes with a creamy filling, blended with bright, zingy flavors from our Lemon Ginger tea. Pop one in your mouth and enjoy!
This recipe is brought to you by Jane of Jane Unchained!
How to make tea-infused Stuffed Mini Potatoes
- 12 baby or petite potatoes
- 12 fresh asparagus tips
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tea bags Stash Lemon Ginger tea
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Several grinds of fresh ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon for garnish
- Aleppo pepper for garnish (if unavailable, red pepper flakes would work as well)
- Other garnish options: black sesame seeds, minced parsley
- Place the potatoes in a pot and add enough water to cover them by one inch. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer potatoes until they are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Steam asparagus tips until tender, about 3 minutes, and plunge into ice water. Place in a bowl with fresh lemon juice and set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the bottom so they will remain standing upright when served. Then cut a thin slice off the top. You can put these pieces into a small bowl. Scoop out the center of each potato into the bowl. Leave enough potato shell in place so that the potato holds its shape.
- Make a double-strength cup of Lemon Ginger tea, placing 2 tea bags in 8 ounces of near-boiling water and steeping for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Measure ½ cup + 2 tablespoons of the brewed tea and pour into a high-speed blender. (Enjoy the remaining tea as a beverage or save for another recipe.) Add the cashews, garlic, rice wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and the cooked potato that you scooped out earlier. Take the remaining two bags of Lemon Ginger tea and cut the bags, emptying their contents into the blender. Blend thoroughly until everything is mixed thoroughly. Place the mixture into a pastry bag or plastic bag.
- Fill each potato shell with the cashew tea mixture. Place in a warm oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit just until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Top each shell with an asparagus tip, Aleppo pepper, and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
- You’ll have plenty of leftover cashew tea filling. Enjoy it as a spread on sandwiches or wraps, as a dip for vegetables or chips, or put on top of a bowl of grains and roasted vegetables!
Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea
Brighten your mood and awaken your taste buds with this soothing blend of tangy, sunny citrus and the lingering warmth of ginger. Sit back and enjoy some much-needed relaxation with this uplifting blend.
TEA BAG | SHOP NOW
LOOSE LEAF | SHOP NOW