Spicy Bourbon Chai
Posted on February 07 2016
Bourbon and spicy chai black tea are a winter combo sure to warm you up! Adapted from Saveur.
How to make Spicy Bourbon Chai
Makes 4 servings
- 4 teaspoons of Stash Chai Spice loose leaf black tea
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped, keep seeds and pod
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 cups whole milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- 1/2 cup spice-forward bourbon, like Maker’s Mark
- Cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger (optional)
- Combine the tea leaves and vanilla bean seeds and pod, and any additional spices with 3 cups hot water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and add milk and honey or agave, whisking to combine.
- Return to a simmer, remove from heat, and allow to steep 10-15 minutes.
- Strain, pressing down on solids to extract flavors.
- Transfer the chai to a heat-proof pitcher and stir in bourbon.