Miso and Lemon Ginger Tea Glazed Carrots
Posted on November 18 2021
Carrots may regularly play a supporting role to the main meal, but this glazed carrot recipe will make carrots your main star; they are just that good! Salty, sweet, and tender, these miso-, tea-, and brown sugar-glazed carrots are a melody of rich flavors that make you savor every bite. It’s also an easy and inexpensive dish that's perfect for a holiday meal or an everyday dinner.
Glazed carrots are impressive enough for guests, yet deceptively simple to make! All you have to do is combine the glaze ingredients and brush over the carrots. Set the oven to 400 °F and roast the carrots for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway. The roasting process brings out the natural sugars in the carrots, and mixed with the salty umami of the miso and tartness of our Lemon Ginger tea, they’re super tasty!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound baby carrots with tops
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons miso paste
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Stash Lemon Ginger tea bags
- 1/3 cup water
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Green onions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the glaze, bring 1/3 cup of water to a boil. Pour the hot water into a bowl and steep 4 Stash Lemon Ginger tea bags for 3-5 minutes. Remove tea bags and add brown sugar. Stir to dissolve. Allow the mixture to cool. Mix in the miso paste and minced garlic.
- Place washed and dried carrots on a baking tray. Coat the carrots with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast carrots at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and glaze both sides of the carrots. Return the tray to the oven and roast for 10 more minutes or until the carrots look caramelized.
- Sprinkle some red pepper flakes and green onions on top and serve!