Gingerbread Chai Cookies
Posted on November 16 2021
If you’re looking to add a little pizazz to the classic gingerbread cookie, this Gingerbread Chai Maple-Glazed Cookie recipe is for you! The Double Spice Chai flavors shine through the spice of the gingerbread, while the maple glaze perfectly sweetens it. This gingerbread cookie recipe makes 14 delicious cookies with a soft, chewy center and crisp edges. Chai out this recipe that is sure to wow everyone at your holiday party!
Makes 14 cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 Stash Double Spice Chai tea bags
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then blend in the molasses and vanilla extract, followed by the egg.
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, ginger, the contents of the tea bags, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Pour the flour mixture into the bowl with the wet ingredients and blend just until combined.
- Using a medium scoop, scoop the cookie dough out and roll it into balls. Place the cookie dough on the baking sheet a couple inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
- Once the cookies are cooled, make the glaze. Whisk the confectioners sugar with the maple syrup until combined. Then spread over each cookie.