Double Spice Chai Mini Pancake Cereal
Posted on July 02 2020
This viral breakfast cereal has been blowing up on TikTok. But our variation deserves its own 15 minutes of fame. We combine cinnamony, sweet chai flavors with adorable mini pancakes, and maple syrup to make this tas-tea cereal. It’s basically all the best breakfast comfort foods rolled into one and made mini (A.K.A. adorable). Need. We. Say. More.
How to make Mini Pancake Cereal
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Stash Double Spice Chai tea (amount varies)
- Pancake mix
- Piping bag
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- Any other toppings of your choice
Note: you will want to follow the pancake recipe directions on your box of pancakes, but we’ll be using tea instead of water.
- In a pot, boil the amount of water the pancake directions call for plus a little extra since some will evaporate. E.g. we added 3 extra tbsp to our one cup of water.
- Add Stash Double Spice Chai tea bags to boiling water (3 tea bags per cup) and allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Follow the pancake recipe but add our Stash Double Spice Chai tea when it calls for water.
- Pour pancake mix into a piping bag. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a plastic bag; simply cut a tiny piece of the corner of the bag for the opening.
- Spray pan lightly with oil and squeeze 1-inch drops of pancake mix onto a medium-high heat skillet.
- Allow pancake cereal to cook on one side until the bubbles stop forming. Since we’re adding milk to them as cereal, we’ll want them to be a little more firm than regular pancakes.
- Flip mini pancakes with a fork. They should be a dark brown color.
- Pour your mini pancakes into a bowl.
- Add cinnamon, maple syrup, milk, and any other toppings you enjoy on pancakes.
- Stir and serve immediately.
Now that’s tas-tea!