Citrus And Honeydew Sparkling Tea Punch
Posted on February 13 2020
A simple, immensely flavorful sweet-tart and refreshing sparkling punch with fresh-squeezed citrus and Sweet Honeydew green tea. This truly is a unique citrus green tea blend that celebrates both the citrus and the melon notes.
“I made this sparkling citrus and honeydew tea punch with four kinds of fresh-squeezed citrus and Stash Tea’s Sweet Honeydew Green Tea. It’s a unique blend of mild green tea and refreshing melon — really, it tastes exactly like a perfectly ripe honeydew — that was made to be served cold.”
This green tea recipe is brought to you by Kayleigh Kosmas of Oh Honey.
How to make Green Tea Punch
We recommend brewing the Sweet Honeydew green tea extra strong to make sure the punch does not get watery after adding the sparkling water. Maybe add that extra tea bag to get even more melony flavor. Do you prefer to stay away from sugar? Try using oranges and red grapefruits instead when making this green tea cocktail recipe.
- 4–5 tea bags of Stash Sweet Honeydew Green Tea
- 12 oz fresh-squeezed citrus juice*, chilled
- 8 oz sparkling water, chilled
- cane sugar or other sweeteners, to taste (optional)
*We recommend using the juice from 1 navel orange, 1 red grapefruit, 1 Meyer lemon and a 1/2 lime. For sweeter punch with less tart flavor, stick to orange and sweet grapefruit juice.
- Steep the tea in 12 oz hot water for 3 minutes. Discard tea bags and refrigerate tea until cold.
- Add the chilled tea, citrus juice and sparkling water to a pitcher. Add sugar to taste and stir well. Serve immediately.
- If you’re feeling fancy, garnish each glass with a slice of fruit and tiny edible flowers (rosemary blossoms are a pretty and readily available choice).
Notes: Adding sugar highlights the honeydew flavor of the tea. The punch can be left unsweetened if a subtle, slightly tart flavor is desired. For more concentrated tea flavor, add more tea bags to the hot water, but do no steep longer than 3-4 minutes or the tea may taste bitter.
Sweet Honeydew Green Tea
The subtle flavor of Japanese-style green tea is a perfect complement for the sweetness of ripe honeydew melon. Enjoy this refreshing blend hot or over ice for a cooling summer treat.
TEA BAG | SHOP NOW