Double Spice Chai and Orange Mocktail
Posted on March 18 2021
The warming spices in our Double Spice Chai combine with citrusy orange in this tas-tea chai tea mocktail recipe to create an unforgettable drink. This drink tastes a little bit like fall, thanks to the spices in our Double Spice Chai like cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon; but it also tastes a little bit like spring, thanks to the bright citrusy flavors. The recipe makes enough for 8 servings, so you'll have enough to share if you're feeling generous.
IngredientsMakes 8 drinks
- 2 Stash Double Spice Chai tea bags
- 1 Ginger Fire Chai tea bag
- 3 cups hot water
- 4-5 medium-sized oranges (you need to yield 1 cup of juice)
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar (use ½ cup if you want a sweeter tea)
- 1 cup cold water
- Add three cups of water to a saucepot and heat until very hot (190 – 210 degrees Fahrenheit) or pour three cups of water in a bowl and heat in microwave until hot.
- Add the three tea bags to hot water and steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove tea bags and cool in the fridge for 20 minutes. Pour the tea into a lovely pitcher or carafe.
- Wash the oranges to remove any residue or dirt.
- Roll oranges on the countertop with your palm to help them release more juice.
- Cut the oranges in half with a sharp knife.
- Squeeze the juice from each orange into a bowl using a handheld citrus reamer, electric juicer, or handheld citrus juice squeezer (which we used).
- Pour the freshly squeezed orange juice into the tea. Strain to remove the pulp if you prefer pulp-free orange juice.
- Pour over ice and serve.
Recipe created for Stash Tea by Veronica Hendrix. Veronica is a Los Angeles-based journalist, cooking coach, recipe developer, Food Network finalist and podcaster. Find more recipes by Veronica on collardgreensandcaviar.com