Tea-Infused Homemade Jello Snacks
Posted on June 19 2020
These delicious jello shots are fun to do and even more fun to enjoy. We have two recipe options: one suitable for kids and another for adults.
This recipe is also an example of chemistry! See how states of matter can (deliciously) change. When a liquid (the tea) interacts with a solid (the gelatin powder), there is a chemical reaction that creates what we know as jello.
This recipe is part of the weekend-long Stash Summer Camp schedule. If you’re on the hunt for a fun-filled weekend, we’ve planned one all out for you!
How to Make Kids-Friendly Orange Cranberry Jello Snacks
Makes 18 Jello Snacks
- 4 tablespoons loose leaf Stash Orange Cranberry herbal tea
- 5½ cups filtered water
- ½ cup honey
- 4 packets unflavored gelatine
- 3 oranges, halved lengthwise
- Carefully hollow out all oranges with a spoon, being careful not to split the rind. Enjoy the fruit, and set orange halves on a baking pan.
- Boil 4½ cups of water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Put the Orange Cranberry tea in an infuser and steep in the hot water for 4 minutes. Remove the infuser.
- While tea is still hot, add honey and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add ½ cup cold water and stir in gelatine packets. Slowly pour in hot tea while whisking, until the gelatine is completely dissolved.
- Fill orange halves to the top with mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and slice each half into thirds, being careful not to rip the jello.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Make Tea-Infused Sweet Peach Jello Shot Vodka Snacks
The perfect, easy par-tea recipe. Bookmark this for when you have a back-to-normal get together.
Makes 18 Jello Shots
- 5 Stash Peach black tea bags
- 3 lemons, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1 3-oz package lemon Jell-o
- Carefully hollow out all lemons with a spoon, being careful not to split the lemon rind.
- Place lemon rinds on a baking pan.
- Boil water, place tea bags into a mug, and add water. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Once steeped, remove tea bags. Combine brewed tea and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to boil over high heat.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and whisk in vodka and Jell-O.
- Let mixture cool slightly, then carefully pour the liquid into lemon halves.
- Refrigerate about 1-2 hours, or until set.
- Slice the lemons in half or thirds (depending on the size of your lemons), being careful not to rip the Jell-o.
- Serve and enjoy!