Chai Spice Truffles
Posted on December 08 2015
This versatile tea truffle recipe can be made with just about any tea you like. Chai truffles are perfect for entertaining, and makes a rich after-dinner treat.
Recipes makes about 15 truffles
- 4 ounce (113 grams) dark chocolate bar
- 1 tablespoon nonsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (2 ounce) heavy whipping cream
- 2 Stash Chai Spice tea bags
- Chop up the chocolate, place into a heat-proof bowl and set aside. Combine the cream, butter and tea bags in a small saucepan over medium heat. After bringing the mixture to just boiling, take the saucepan off the heat and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Remove tea bags, then pour the cream over the chocolate and mix together. The chocolate should be completely smooth; if not, heat it up in a microwave for 20 seconds. Cover the bowl and leave it in the refrigerator for several hours, until the chocolate is firm.
- Once firm, use a spoon, melon baller or your hands to form the chocolate into small balls. The chocolate will begin to melt upon contact, so make sure you have your coating ready. You can coat the truffles with nuts, shaved chocolate, cocoa powder, sprinkles or anything else that comes to mind. Just roll the truffles in the powder.
- Keep the truffles in the refrigerator on parchment paper or a plate until they’re firm, then serve.