Blueberry Lemonade Cocktail
Posted on June 25 2021
This alcoholic blueberry lemonade is a great choice to make when you’re entertaining; or if a mocktail is more your speed, simply cook this up sans alcohol for a great “safe-for-work” option.
No matter what kind of drink we’re brewing up, we always prefer it when our homemade drinks look as delicious as they taste. One easy way to ensure we achieve that gorgeous presentation is by using fresh fruit to garnish cocktails either in the drinks or on the side of your cup. That’s what we did with this blueberry lemonade cocktail.
Serves 2 people
Prep time 8 mins
- 2 tea bags Stash Blueberry Superfruit
- 4 oz hot water; we recommend heating to 170-180 °F
- 1/3 cup sweet lemon juice
- 3 spoonfuls of sugar
- 3/4 cup your choice vodka or gin
- Superfine sugar, to rim the glasses
- Lemon slices for garnish
Blueberries for garnish
When brewing up your blueberry vodka and lemonade cocktails, you’ll start with two tea bags of our Blueberry Superfruit herbal tea. This blend is on the sweeter side as far as teas go, so it combines naturally with the tart lemon juice. Watch the video for a quick preview of how to make this drink from start to finish, or follow the written directions below.
- Add 2 Stash Blueberry Superfruit tea bags to 4 ounces of hot water with lemon juice and sugar. Muddle well, being careful not to tear the tea bags.
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes before adding the vodka or gin, and muddling again.
- Pour a shallow layer of superfine sugar onto a small plate (slightly larger than the rim of your drinking glass). Dampen half the rim of the glass with a little water, then invert the glass in sugar, turning it one-quarter until the moistened half of the rim is completely covered in sugar.
- Carefully fill each glass with ice up to three-quarters full, then pour the cooled cocktail mix into the glass.
- Garnish each glass with a lemon wedge and serve immediately.