Searching for a Last Minute Halloween Costume? We’ve Got You Covered
Posted on October 17 2019
Stand out from the crowd with this fun DIY tea bag costume. It’s quick, simple and inexpensive to make! This year's special tag is going to be Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea, so you might want to print out that instead. Just trust us, it will all make sense once you see what we have planned for Halloween!
Here is a list of all the things you need
- fabric glue ($2.50)
- pellon interfacing fabric - approx 3.5 yards ($10)
- string ($2.50)
- filler (we used loose leaf tea and paper sizzle. You can also use leaves, construction paper, etc.)
- tea tag template
Total cost: $15.00
Original version from 2014.
All checked from the list above? Here are the instructions
- Cut 3.5 yards of Fabric into two pieces, 1.75 yards each.
- Take one piece of the fabric and fold it in half.
- Using the fabric glue, glue the seams of the folded fabric together, creating a sack. Do not glue the top closed. This will be the “front tea bag”.
- Repeat steps #2 and #3 on the second 1.75 yard fabric piece. This will be the “back tea bag”. Wait for glue to dry completely.
- Once glue is dry, flip sacks inside out to hide seam. Fill both sacks about ¼ full with filler. We used a mix of loose tea leaves and dark green sizzle paper.
- Fold the top 2 corners of the teabag in so they meet in the center of the fabric making a triangle. Fold the tip of the triangle downward about 3 inches. Seal completely using the fabric glue.
- Print 2 copies of the tea bag template and glue pages together so tag is double sided. Using a 3-hole punch, punch a hole in the top center area of the tag. Tag size should be approximately 8" x 8".
- Connect tea tag to tea bag fabric using the white string. Make a slim slit into the front tea bag and affix by tying a knot.
- Attach two strings on each side of the front tea bag and attached the strings to the back tea bag by creating a small slit into the fabric and tying a knot.
- Attach the two pieces together with string to wear like a sandwich board.
- Compile your list of tea puns and stay out of hot water–enjoy!
Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea
We've taken green tea and added natural pomegranate and raspberry flavors to create this mouth-watering blend. You'll love the perfect combination of tart and bold fruitiness. We've added a touch of matcha for an extra kick of green tea flavor.
Classic Two Cup Stoneware Teapot
This teapot is perfect for serving tea for one… or maybe two if you’re feeling generous! Choose your favorite color for yourself or gift to a friend.