Mint & Ginger Green Tea Lemonade
Posted on May 31 2017
"Each morning I start off by drinking a hot cup of green tea, half because I love tea & half because of how healthy green tea is for you. With the weather changing, I wanted to come up with the ultimate refreshing way to drink my green tea! Using Stash Tea's loose leaf Dragonwell Special Grade Green Tea I created an iced green tea lemonade that is flavoured with fresh ginger + fresh mint & sweetened with raw honey + panela raw sugar. This drink would be perfect for an outdoor BBQ in one of those massive mason jar jug drink dispensers that I got my mom last year for Mother's Day." – Marcella Dilonardo
This recipe is brought to you by Marcella Dilonardo of Hey Modest Marce!
- 4 cups water, boiled
- 3 tablespoons Stash Dragonwell Special Grade loose leaf green tea (recommended, but you can use any favorite Stash green tea!)
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled & sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, plus more for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1-2 tablespoons raw or turbinado sugar (Obelo's panela sugar recommended)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sliced lemons, for garnishing
- In a large teapot or kettle, steep green tea and sliced ginger in boiling water. Once desired strength is reached, strain out tea and ginger.
- Add honey and sugar, stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Place in fridge and let cool completely.
- In a punch bowl or iced tea pitcher, add the green tea base mix, fresh mint leaves, lemon juice, and sliced lemons. Allow time for flavours to meld.
- Serve in an iced raw sugar-rimmed glass with fresh mint and a slice of lemon.