Stash Tea Company is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic Wholesale Marketing & Brand Communications Specialist to support the Marketing Department in coordinating and executing marketing plans and projects. This role will require both a strong analytic mind and creative talents. In particular, we are looking for a professional with prior direct experience working in grocery wholesale marketing for a medium- to large-sized CPG brand, while also possessing excellent creative writing and design capabilities. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
This position will require a varied skillset, including: prioritization and ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines, upbeat attitude and demeanor suited to interaction with the media and the public to positively represent the brand, creative design and layout of marketing materials, cross-department communication, and attention to detail to ensure tasks meet deadlines and are completed with accuracy and efficiency.
Duties of Position (*Noted Essential Functions)As grocery wholesale is a critical sales channel for our business, this role will be responsible for assisting with a wide range of wholesale marketing activities, including:
- Thorough analysis and reporting of market data including Nielsen and SPINS to equip the sales and marketing teams with relevant and actionable data insights;*
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to sales and marketing staff for use in evaluating current status and formulating future activity;*
- Field and execute upon marketing support requests from Regional Sales Managers, such as development of promotional materials and sales collateral, custom data reports, presentations, etc.;*
- Ongoing data monitoring, competitive analysis, and assessment of industry trends;*
- Assist events manager with planning and coordination of four yearly trade shows, attends as needed;*
- Assist with go-to-market strategy development for new product introductions;*
- Assist with package and label proofing;*
- Assist with Public Relations (PR) activities, including writing press releases, pitching news stories to the media, maintaining a media contact list, monitoring hits and online conversation topics relevant to our brand, provide monthly reporting to Marketing and Executive Teams (prior experience working with the Cision PR software is a plus, but not required);*
- Oversee all Corporate Social Media Accounts, including planning content, coordinating photography, and monitoring and responding to comments; includes ongoing tracking and evaluation of program performance;*
- Oversee the blogger outreach program to develop partnerships with key influencers and collaborate on unique and intriguing custom content; includes ongoing tracking and evaluation of program performance;*
- Assist in the copy/tone development for Marketing materials which include product fact sheets, sell sheets, presentations, website content, and ads;*
- Handle Donations and Community Relations activities;*
- Assist in brand sampling and other promotional initiatives;*
- Assist with local Portland area events and attend as needed;*
- Assist with, and in some cases manage, projects for the Marketing Department;*
- And other duties as assigned.
Education/Training & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Advertising or a related field; and 5-7 years of work experience, preferably with proven success working within a CPG brand serving the grocery wholesale channel.
Proficient with MS Office and Google Docs.
Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Note: please provide a portfolio of marketing materials examples showcasing design and layout capabilities).
How to Apply
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic, disability or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, have a passion for selling quality products that people love, own a commitment to customer service and want to work within a growing and progressive-minded company we would like to hear from you!
Stash Tea offers an excellent benefits package. To learn more about our company’s benefits, employment practices, or for other information about Stash Tea, please see Careers. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and reference information to email@example.com or fax to 503-684-4424. No phone calls, please.