Stash Tea Company is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic Tea Blending Supervisor. In addition to duties associated with a Tea Master or Blend Master, this position supervises personnel in the tea blending department, and ensures that all work orders are filled timely, personnel is scheduled properly and that department demands are met in support of the company’s overall objectives. This position blends all teas and tisanes as required while following written instructions utilizing GMP’s and all safety guidelines.
Duties of Position (*Noted Essential Functions)
- Ensures the highest quality of finished goods while following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s);*
- Works closely with Production Manager, as well as other team leads and supervisors to achieve overall manufacturing goals and objectives;*
- Performs all tea blending duties for Stash Tea;*
- Samples teas with QA team and speaks to the components of the teas as needed;*
- Learns the ingredient components well enough to identify and report apparent inconsistencies:*
- Follows guidelines for tea production (blend work orders) as written;*
- Operates all blending equipment in a safe manner and ensures other team members are doing so as well;*
- Reports damaged or improperly working equipment/tools to Production Manager and/or Maintenance for proper repair;*
- Is responsible for evaluating and maintaining efficient inventory levels and accurate data; *
- Coordinates and monitors scheduling of the personnel to ensure proper staffing with respect to the department budget and customer commitments;*
- Directly supervises the duties of Blending department employees, including task or station assignments and assures execution of the blending area’s clean-up and overall sanitation program(s);*
- Supervises, coaches and trains new and current employees (i.e. job, safety, GMP, team aspect, etc.) to meet performance expectations by providing strong and fair leadership and timely decision-making;*
- Works with the Quality Assurance department to build new product prototypes and prepare for food quality audits;*
- Focuses on overall plant goals in order to attain expected production volume and smooth work flow on a daily basis;*
- Effectively monitors and maintains labor costs, quality and employee environment of the Blending department;*
- Ensures that safety, GMP’s, and sanitation policies and procedures are met and updated as needed;*
- Monitors the work area to ensure that a safe environment is maintained and all plant safety rules are followed;*
- Assumes an active role in the plant Safety Programs to include involvement and support of the Safety Committee while taking ownership of assigned plant safety programs;*
- Understands and follows the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) requirements and uses/maintains PPE as required;*
- Ensures that all equipment is maintained properly to meet all food safety, quality and regulatory guidelines (organic cleaning, SOP’s, etc.);*
- Completes all assigned paperwork, including production/packaging records, sanitation and maintenance schedules, accident reports and investigations, and any other paperwork deemed necessary;*
- Ensures sound, safe, and professional employee environment and promptly reports and resolves issues with respect to Human Resources guidelines located in the Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct;*
- Maintains a clean and safe operating area in clean room;*
- Operates fork lift or pallet jack (with proper certification; training provided) to unload/load pallets and heavier materials (up to 3000 lbs/pallet):*
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises all employees in the Blending Department and performs annual performance evaluations.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing/warehouse environment, including driving a forklift. Work may involve moving materials and product up to 50 pounds and climbing narrow stairs and ladders. Working in this environment may at times require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors and work boots.
Education/Training & Experience
Associates Degree or equivalent experience:
- Four to six (4–6) years of food/beverage blending, development, quality control, production experience, or
- Two to four (2–4) years of tea blending experience
- Two to four (2–4) years of supervisory experience
How to Apply
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic, disability or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, have a passion for selling quality products that people love, own a commitment to customer service and want to work within a growing and progressive-minded company we would like to hear from you!
Stash Tea offers an excellent benefits package. To learn more about our company’s benefits, employment practices, or for other information about Stash Tea, please see Careers. To be considered for this position, please apply in person or apply online by submitting your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.