Stash Tea Company is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic Retail Store Associate to provide customers the highest level of service while also creating opportunities to maximize sales and create life-long customers at our retail location in Tigard, OR.
The ideal candidate would have an interest in tea and the patience to learn, taste, and experience all that it has to offer. The position is part-time, and will work seamlessly alongside another job, school, or social life. Open weekend availability is an essential component to this job and its needs. Any experience being a barista, working events, volunteering, or in retail is a plus. We want you to discover the wondrous world of tea and have fun while doing it! If you already enjoy tea, then we want you, your expertise and your love of tea to join our team!
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a customer-friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and a clean and orderly store
- Maintains an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions for both the store and the catalog/website, test merchandise and advertisements; consistently updates product knowledge with tea tastings, reading product information, trade journals, etc
- Answers product and service inquiries as timely as possible; suggests information about other products that may fit the customer’s needs; communicates customer’s suggestions and/or requests to management; resolves product or service problems in a timely manner
- Assists in merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping, which may include setting up advertising displays or arranging merchandise to promote sales, tagging merchandise with prices/UPC labels, stocking shelves, counters or tables with merchandise, setting up and/or cleaning sampling items, and other tasks as assigned
- Accurately and efficiently completes all sales transactions and maintains proper cash accountability; removes and records amount of cash in register at opening or closing of retail store
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion (less than 50% of the time) as well as bending, carrying, reaching and typing throughout the work day as needed
- Be an ambassador and have the opportunity to work at our booth during local events, especially during the summer months
Education/Training & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent experience. Basic computer/cash register skills. Proven ability to work and make decisions independently, especially under stressful conditions.
How to Contact Us
If you love tea, like working with people, are energetic and can work a flexible schedule, please email your cover letter, resume and desired pay range to email@example.com or apply in person. Please no phone calls.
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic, disability or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.