Stash Tea Company is looking for a fun and energetic part-time Retail Sales Associate & Tea Barista to join the team of our N. Mississippi neighborhood Retail Store & Tea Bar.
At Stash, we are passionate about tea and love sharing that passion with our customers and fellow employees. We offer flexible work schedules, competitive pay, and an associate discount that starts immediately!
Duties of Position (*Noted Essential Functions)
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a customer-friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and a clean and orderly store.*
- Maintains an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions for both the store and the catalog/website, test merchandise and advertisements; consistently updates product knowledge with tea tastings, reading product information, trade journals, etc.*
- Answers product and service inquiries as timely as possible; suggests information about other products that may fit the customer’s needs; communicates customer’s suggestions and/or requests to management; resolves product or service problems in a timely manner.*
- Assists in merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping, which may include setting up advertising displays or arranging merchandise to promote sales, tagging merchandise with prices/UPC labels, stocking shelves, counters or tables with merchandise, setting up and/or cleaning sampling items, and other tasks as assigned.*
- Offer customer demonstrations and samples using brewing equipment, display in depth knowledge of product lines.
- Prepare all Stash Tea Bar menu items to stated standards consistently. Follow all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines at all times.
- Accurately and efficiently completes all sales transactions and maintains proper cash accountability; removes and records amount of cash in register at opening or closing of retail store.*
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion (less than 50% of the time) as well as bending, carrying, reaching and typing throughout the work day as needed.*
Education/Training & Experience
- Previous customer service/retail
- Trade and barista experience
- Basic computer/cash register skills
- Possession of a valid food handler's card
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Maintain stellar customer service standards
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
How to Contact Us
This is a part time position, approximately 18-26 hours a week. Weekly scheduled hours will consistently include weekend and evening shifts and scheduled hours may increase during the holiday and summer seasons and for scheduled in store or off site events.
If you love tea, like working with people, are energetic and can work a flexible schedule (including nights and weekends), please email your resume and cover letter describing what tea means to you and if hired how you will help share Stash Tea's history, culture, and high quality teas with our retail customers to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic, disability or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.