Stash Tea Company is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic Marketing & Events Specialist is to support the Marketing Department in the planning and execution of local and trade industry events, coordinating community relations activities, assisting with retail store marketing projects, as well as assisting with other internal marketing needs. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
This position will require a varied skillset, including:
- Prioritization, time management and ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Upbeat attitude and demeanor suited to face-to-face interaction with the public to positively represent the brand
- Creative design and layout of marketing materials
- Effective cross-department communication requiring very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strict attention to detail and proofing skills to ensure tasks meet deadlines and are completed with accuracy and efficiency
This position will be made up of approximately 65% event coordination and 35% design and execution of marketing projects.
Duties of Position
- Coordinates planning and administrative duties for Stash Tea exhibitor presence at trade shows and attends 4 shows per year;
- Assists in brand sampling and other promotional initiatives;
- Coordinates and attends local Portland area events;
- Coordinates community relations activities;
- Assists the Retail Stores with a variety of Marketing support requests, including layout and design of menus, signage, promotional material;
- Assists in the development of corporate marketing and sales materials;
- Assists HR department with employee event signage and other internal requests;
- Assists with written content development of teas and products for multiple channels/uses;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Time management
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Customer relations
- Advanced design skills (Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Project management
- Stash products and competitive products
- Marketing principles
- Good consumer instincts
- Video editing skills a bonus, but not required
- Experience coordinating and/or attending trade shows preferred, but not required
- Time management, setting priorities, organizing, attentiveness, with extreme attention to accuracy.
- Coordinate with Marketing team and internal customers to maintain project timelines, ensure all necessary team members are kept up-to-speed on project details, and traffic projects through appropriate channels.
- Work individually and handle self-driven projects efficiently.
- Conversant with report writing, brand and content development, business procedures, and correspondence.
- Establish good relations with all levels of employees.
- Effective presentation of information and strong communication skills for responding to questions from managers, other Stash employees, and other internal customers.
- Read, comprehend, and apply knowledge of all regulations and procedures of this position.
- Communicate fluently in English with co-workers, vendors, and the public in face-to-face settings, or when on the phone.
- Work cooperatively with other Stash Tea employees and the public.
- Express ideas, including safety protocol, clearly in written English.
- Resolve inquiries and complaints expressed by co-workers.
- Work within established organizational policies and regulations.
Education/Training & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or a related field; 5-7 years of work experience with proven success planning and executing trade shows and events.
Proficient with MS Office and Google Docs.
Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
How to Apply
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic, disability or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, have a passion for selling quality products that people love, own a commitment to customer service and want to work within a growing and progressive-minded company we would like to hear from you!
Stash Tea offers an excellent benefits package. To learn more about our company’s benefits, employment practices, or for other information about Stash Tea, please see Careers.
To be considered for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, portfolio showcasing outstanding event planning and execution, advanced design work, strong written samples, and salary range expectations to email@example.com or apply in person.
Required with application: Please provide a portfolio showcasing outstanding event planning and execution, advanced design work, and strong written samples.