Fizzy Fruit Tea Soda
Posted on February 07 2016
Fizz and a fancy straw make this a fun tea soda refreshment both kids and adults will love! Tastes great with peaches, berries, mangoes or plums.
- 3 tea bags Stash Wild Raspberry Hibiscus tea
- 6 oz hot water; we recommend heating to 190-208 ° F
- 1 1/2 cups peaches (or your choice of fruit)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Carbonated soda water
- Fruit, berries, or mint for garnish (optional)
- Place the 3 Stash Wild Raspberry Hibiscus tea bags in a nonstick pot with the 6 ounces of hot water and steep for five minutes. Remove the tea bags.
- Make a syrup by adding sugar and peaches to the pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer until the mixture has thickened to a syrup, about 10-15 minutes. Gently smash the fruit while simmering.
- For a thin syrup, you can strain the mixture through cheesecloth or a mesh strainer. Or if you prefer a thicker syrup, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Allow syrup to cool in the fridge. Pour over ice, then top with soda water. Garnish with your choice of fruit!