Matcha And Blackberry Pops
Posted on January 24 2016
Our favorite summer treat combines the smooth, crisp flavor of green tea and sweet, seasonal berries in an iced treat. Read how to whip up these delicious Blackberry and Matcha Pops.
How to make tea-infused ice cream
- 2 teaspoons Organic Japanese Matcha powder green tea
- 1½ cup milk (choose your favorite type)
- Your choice of sweetener (2 teaspoons honey or 2 tablespoons condensed milk recommended)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Lemon juice
- Whisk together 1 cup milk with the matcha and honey. Make sure the matcha has completely dissolved. If you’re having trouble, heat the ingredients on the stove top and whisk over low heat until the blend is smooth.
- Make sure the mixture has cooled down before pouring it into your pop molds, up to about 2/3 full. Allow the first layer to freeze completely (may take several hours).
- Using a blender, combine the blackberries with 1/2 cup of milk and a squeeze of lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour the berry blend into the pop molds and place back into the freezer until the ice cream has completely set.