Position stages product for the Packaging department. Position spends much of the time driving a forklift and organizing racking in the warehousing areas. Drives the Stash Tea truck when moving product between warehouse locations is needed.
This function reports to our Packaging Department Supervisor.
Duties of Position
- Reads work orders to determine which materials are to be move and palletized for timely support of the packaging/manufacturing operation.
- Loads and unloads materials from pallets by hand and wraps pallets to prepare for shipment.
- Transports, using a company vehicle, materials from storage or work sites to designated areas. Picks up or delivers orders as needed.
- Operates forklift to facilitate needed racking, de-racking and general movement of product as needed.
- Attaches identification labels to materials or marks information on containers when required for special orders.
- Will need to assist truck drivers by loading or unloading trucks/trailers using forklift or pallet jack.
- Will need to follow proper shipping and receiving practices and policies.
- Palletizes product for efficient racking/storage as needed.
- Assists in inventory counts.
- Cleans work area and otherwise assists the packaging team as directed.
- Follows and promotes GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- May be cross-trained to use machinery throughout the warehouse.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with supervisors and co-workers.
- May perform very basic clerical functions.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out-tag out (L.O.T.O.) rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical warehouse environment (lots of movement of product, loud noises, etc). The employee is required to perform varied and repetitive warehouse/manufacturing related tasks including operation of forklift, hand truck and manual lifting of boxes up to 50 pounds. Additionally, some driving is required to perform occasional pickup and deliveries and between the company’s two warehouses in Tigard, Oregon (standard ODL required).
Working in this environment may at times require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to eye safety glasses, hearing protectors and work boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are to be worn safely.
Education/Training & Experience
Must have at least three (3) years of experience in a warehouse environment driving forklift and staging product for packaging or production line work. A Bachelor’s degree is desired, but not required.
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) is required.
How to Contact Us
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic, disability or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, have a passion for selling quality products that people love, own a commitment to customer service and want to work within a growing and progressive-minded company we would like to hear from you!
Stash Tea offers an excellent benefits package. To learn more about our company’s benefits, employment practices, or for other information about Stash Tea, please see Careers. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Warehouse Associate" in the subject, or fax to 503-684-4424. No phone calls, please.