Packaging Department Supervisor
Stash Tea Company is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic individual to manage our Western U.S. & Canada region for the development of all sales activities including grocery, natural, drug, mass, and foodservice business.
This position facilitates the continued development, performance and overall relationship of all brokers, vendor-partners, customers and contacts in assigned markets with end goal of growing the company’s market share within the industry. A strong background in the Natural Foods industry is a plus.
This function reports to the National Sales Manager.
Duties of Position
- Under the direction of the V.P. of Sales and National Sales Manager, develops and administers a business plan and sales strategy for assigned market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability;
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets;
- Manages a promotion planning calendar;
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding all current account performance, customer account meetings;
- Provides a weekly update to the sales team relating to meetings and new account development;
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin;
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, discounts, promotions and activity relating to the sale of product;
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations for current and future customers;
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines;
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
Education/Training & Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; a minimum of five (5) years retail food products management; proven track record in sales to natural and grocery retailers and distributors; and experience managing brokers.
Must have excellent communication skills, and be self-motivated and self-directed. In depth knowledge of the U.S. and Canadian grocery and natural food trade, foodservice and drug/mass trade a plus.
Significant (up to 50%) travel required.
Qualified applicants who reside on the west coast market area (California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, and Utah) are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Contact Us
Note: Deadline for consideration is November 30, 2014.
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic, disability or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, have a passion for selling quality products that people love, own a commitment to customer service and want to work within a growing and progressive-minded company we would like to hear from you!
Stash Tea offers an excellent benefits package. To learn more about our company’s benefits, employment practices, or for other information about Stash Tea, please see Careers. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and reference information to email@example.com and include "Regional Sales Manager" in the subject, or fax to 503-684-4424. No phone calls, please.