Stash Tea is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic Purchaser at our Tigard, Oregon location.
This position is responsible for supporting initiatives driving results measured by lower material costs, more responsive supplier performance, process and service improvements, and productivity throughout the supply chain.
Duties of Position
- Maintains records of raw material goods ordered and received;
- Works with suppliers to resolve chronic/repetitive product/source delivery or quality problems;
- Insures consistent supply of raw materials and strategically plans in annual and seasonal cycles;
- Maintains raw material database for accuracy of pricing and material specifications;
- Prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment as needed;
- Manages and tracks costs of raw materials and enhances relationships with those vendors who can supply the best price and/or supply chain for replenishment purchasing;
- Supports manufacturing operations with sound and accurate purchasing schedules on a consistent basis;
- Reviews purchase orders and vendor agreements/contracts for conformance to company policy and insures that appropriate management personnel reviews for approval;
- Assists in developing and implementing purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures;
- Maintains a growing knowledge of industry trends, changes and expected developments and communicates these possible developments to the production team;
- Prepares bid awards requiring managerial approval;
- Prepares reports regarding international agricultural market conditions and merchandise costs for raw materials;*
- Ensures vendors meet or exceed various food safety compliance standards, FDA, USDA, Kosher, Organic, etc.
Education/Training & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline and six (6) years of purchasing related experience OR an equivalent amount of education and experience which offers an appropriate background and knowledge level for the function. Must be proficient and effective in decision making, time management, negotiation skills and working with contacts who are set in multi-international environments.
Preferred, but not required: Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) and/or the Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM).
How to Contact Us
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic, disability or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, have a passion for selling quality products that people love, own a commitment to customer service and want to work within a growing and progressive-minded company we would like to hear from you!
Stash Tea offers an excellent benefits package. To learn more about our company’s benefits, employment practices, or for other information about Stash Tea, please see Careers. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and reference information to email@example.com and include "Purchaser" in the subject, or fax to 503-684-4424. No phone calls, please.