Packaging Department Supervisor
Position supervises all personnel in the Packaging department, including blending, and insures that all work orders are accomplished timely, personnel is scheduled properly and that department demands are met in support of the company's overall objectives.
This function reports to our Operations Manager.
- Works closely with Operations Manager, as well as other team leads and supervisors to achieve overall manufacturing goals and objectives;
- Effectively monitors and maintains labor costs, quality and employee environment of the Packaging department;
- Is responsible for evaluating and maintaining efficient inventory levels;
- Coordinates and monitors scheduling of department personnel to ensure proper staffing with respect to the department budget and customer commitments;
- Works with the Sales and Marketing departments to build new product prototypes;
- Focuses on overall plant goals in order to attain expected production volume and smooth work flow on a daily basis while ensuring the highest quality of finished products;
- Ensures that safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and sanitation policies and procedures are met and updated as needed;
- Supervises, coaches and trains new and current employees (i.e. job, safety, GMP, team aspect, etc.) to meet performance expectations by providing strong and fair leadership and timely decision-making;
- Monitors the work area to ensure that a safe environment is maintained and all plant safety rules are followed;
- Assumes an active role in the plant Safety Programs to include involvement and support of the Safety Committee;
- Ensures sound, safe and professional employee environment and promptly reports and resolves issues with respect to Human Resources guidelines located in the Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Training & Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, production management or related field, with six (6) years of work experience with MRP/ERP systems, logistics, manufacturing, production, etc. An equivalent amount of work experience and education can be substituted for the noted requirement of a degree.
Must have at least three (3) years of experience as a supervisor or manager of a department with at least five people or more.
Must be skilled at leading teams and working through personnel-related matters.
Food industry and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) applications experience is strongly preferred but not required.
How to Contact Us
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic, disability or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, have a passion for selling quality products that people love, own a commitment to customer service and want to work within a growing and progressive-minded company we would like to hear from you!
Stash Tea offers an excellent benefits package. To learn more about our company’s benefits, employment practices, or for other information about Stash Tea, please see Careers. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Packaging Supervisor" in the subject, or fax to 503-684-4424. No phone calls, please.