Assistant Plant Manager
Stash Tea Company is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic individual to assist our Operations Manager at our Tigard, Oregon plant location. This function will assist with production related operations including maintenance, daily followed policies and procedures, supervises all personnel in the Packaging department, including blending, and ensures that all work orders are accomplished timely, personnel is scheduled properly and that department demands are met in support of the company’s overall objectives.
This function reports to our Operations Manager.
Responsibilities (Noted Essential Functions*)
- Works closely with Operations Manager, as well as other team leads and supervisors to achieve overall manufacturing goals and objectives;*
- Effectively monitors and maintains labor costs, quality and employee environment of all production processes;*
- Supervises large U.S. and Canadian grocery customer account related needs including tracking, reporting and clearing of live orders in the system;*
- Attends weekly Production Team meetings to help ensure that raw materials; finished goods and production needs overall are measured and in good form;*
- Is responsible for evaluating and maintaining efficient inventory levels;*
- Assists with managing relationships concerning transportation, or the shipping of Company product. Initiates changes when necessary and holds vendors accountable on work agreements that have been initiated;*
- Assists the Quality Assurance (QA) department in their work concerning quality assurance for all Company products;*
Education/Training & Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, production management or related field, with six (6) years of work experience with MRP systems, logistics, manufacturing, production, etc. An equivalent amount of work experience and education can be substituted for the noted requirement of a degree.
Must have at least three (3) years of experience as a supervisor or manager of a department with at least five people or more.
Must be skilled at leading teams and working through personnel related matters.
Food industry and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) applications experience is strongly preferred but not required.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing/warehouse environment. Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 25 pounds. Working in this environment may at times require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors and work boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not to be worn in the Plant.
How to Contact Us
Stash Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic, disability or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications, have a passion for selling quality products that people love, own a commitment to customer service and want to work within a growing and progressive-minded company we would like to hear from you!
Stash Tea offers an excellent benefits package. To learn more about our company’s benefits, employment practices, or for other information about Stash Tea, please see Careers. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and reference information to email@example.com and include "Assistant Plant Manager" in the subject, or fax to 503-684-4424. No phone calls, please.